Transfer to ASU from a California College

Why do thousands of California students choose to earn their undergraduate degrees at Arizona State University?

  • ASU is one of the top-ranked public universities in the nation and the world for academics, innovation and value, and offers more than 300 undergraduate degree options.
  • ASU is part of the Western Undergraduate Exchange, offering many students a discounted nonresident tuition rate when they transfer to ASU.
  • Classes are available in the semester you need to take them — a challenge at California colleges because of impacted undergraduate programs.
  • Pathway options, including the Guaranteed Program for Admission, ensure a seamless transfer of college course work.
  • World-class resources, such as the career services department, help you prepare for your job search, and online tools help you stay on track toward earning your undergraduate degree.

Explore undergraduate degrees at ASU

Find out what courses transfer to ASU

See what California students are saying about ASU:

It’s never too early to start planning for your transfer to ASU. You can transfer at any time if you meet ASU's admission requirements.

You can find more information below about pathways and options to help you transfer from a California college to ASU.

Western Undergraduate Exchange

ASU is part of the Western Undergraduate Exchange. This program offers students from 14 Western states (not including Arizona) the opportunity to choose from more than 60 ASU degree programs at a discounted nonresident tuition rate. Learn more about the Western Undergraduate Exchange.

Guaranteed Program for Admission

If you are studying at a participating California community college and plan to transfer to ASU, the Guaranteed Program for Admission can help you ensure that all courses transfer and apply to your ASU degree. Through the program, you can also receive priority consideration for scholarship opportunities upon admission to ASU. Learn more about the Guaranteed Program for Admission and how to apply.

More Pathways to an ASU Degree

Transfer your general education requirements

You may study at a California community college and complete one of the following credit blocks (certified by the community college) to fulfill the lower-division ASU General Studies requirement:

  • the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum
  • the California State University General Education pattern

If you attend a participating college, you may also sign up for the Guaranteed Program for Admission. For more information, see ASU’s transfer admission requirements.

Transfer lower-division course work and general education courses

In addition to completing the IGETC or CSU GE, California students can complete some of the lower-division courses and apply them to their ASU undergraduate degree.

You can find program information in ASU's California Community College Guide. Review ASU major requirements and select courses from your community college that will transfer to your program of study. If your degree program is not listed, the Transfer Credit Guide is a helpful online tool that allows you to search for ASU course equivalencies. If a specific course is not found, you can request a transfer course evaluation. If you attend a participating college, you may also sign up for the Guaranteed Program for Admission.

Earn your BSN

The RN to BSN program is an excellent choice for nurses with an associate degree who want to advance their career. ASU's Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) program is offered online to accommodate busy, working adults. Read more about the online nursing degree and learn why this is an affordable and convenient option for nursing professionals.

If you attend a participating college, you may also sign up for the Guaranteed Program for Admission.

Get Help with Your Transfer to ASU

If you plan to transfer to ASU from a community college, ASU offers tools and resources to help you make the most of your earned credits, choose an undergraduate major or minor, apply for financial aid and more. To get started, contact an ASU transfer specialist.