ASU, ranked as one of the top public universities in the nation and the world, is also a top choice for California college students who transfer out of state to complete their undergraduate degrees.
Designed for California community college students, the Guaranteed Program for Admission helps you stay focused on earning your undergraduate degree and plan for a smooth transfer to ASU. To take part in the Guaranteed Program for Admission, you must attend a community college that participates in the program.
Guaranteed admission to ASU in three easy steps:
- Complete the sign-up form for the Guaranteed Program for Admission.
- Apply for admission to ASU when you’re ready to transfer.
- Enroll in classes at ASU to achieve your undergraduate degree.
Have questions? Talk to an ASU transfer specialist.
Why Transfer to ASU?
Earn a degree from a Pac-12 university that allows you to create an academic experience that is uniquely yours. Choose from more than 300 undergraduate degrees, 250+ study abroad programs and 1,000 student clubs. At ASU, you can conduct undergraduate research, develop your entrepreneurial ideas, learn in state-of-the-art classrooms and labs, and receive career guidance and support as you seek internships and career opportunities upon graduation.
See what California students are saying about ASU:
Benefits of the Guaranteed Program for Admission
The Guaranteed Program for Admission offers California community college students the following benefits:
- guidance from ASU on which courses to take while attending your community college
- priority consideration for ASU’s New American University Scholarship program upon admission to the university
- acceptance of IGETC or CSU GE course work toward meeting the associated ASU lower-division general studies requirements
- transfer of any articulated course work to ASU
- access to classes at ASU during the semester you need them
- free university resources that will help you stay on track toward graduation
Guaranteed Admission Requirements
General university admission is guaranteed upon successfully meeting the following conditions:*
- completion of at least 24 transferable semester credits with a minimum cumulative transfer GPA of 3.00 (4.00=“A”) plus either a final high school transcript or GED
- a fully certified Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum or California State University General Education, with a minimum cumulative transfer GPA of 2.50 plus either a final high school transcript or GED
- an associate degree with a minimum cumulative transfer GPA of 2.50
You will also need to submit an Arizona State University admission application, including any additional documents required, such as official college transcripts. (International students must also provide a financial guarantee and evidence of English language proficiency.) To find out how a course will transfer to ASU, check our Transfer Credit Guide.
*Some ASU colleges and schools have additional or higher requirements for admission into their programs. To search for degree programs and find more detailed information about admission requirements, use the ASU degree search tool.
View terms and agreements for the Guaranteed Program for Admission. [Link to Timeline and Terms and Agreements]
Get Help with Your Transfer to ASU
If you plan to transfer to ASU from a community college, ASU offers tools and resources to help you make the most of your earned credits, choose an undergraduate major or minor, apply for financial aid and more. To get started, contact an ASU transfer specialist.